If you are interested in a career at KMD, email your PDF resume (2MB max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title and location in subject line.
Intern Architect—Healthcare Focus :: Seattle Office
KMD is seeking a highly motivated Architect for the Seattle office of our international architectural practice. Professional degree and minimum 3 years experience in healthcare projects preferred. Position involves planning of all phases of projects including feasibility studies, master plans, space programming, construction documents and construction administration. Candidates should be familiar with building and accessibility codes. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, rendering software and Adobe Creative Suite required. Good written and verbal communication skills as well as strong graphic skills required. Bachelor of Architecture (5 year) or foreign equivalent required. Proactive and ability to work independently as part of collaborative multi-office project teams. Full benefits and competitive salary.
Project Architect/Construction Administrator :: Seattle Office
KMD is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Architect/Construction Administrator familiar with healthcare projects for the Seattle office of our international architectural practice. Candidates should have 10–15 years of experience in developing and coordinating construction documents and in the construction administration of complex projects. Understanding of building and accessibility code requirements and means and methods of construction for developing details are essential. Registration, LEED certification, proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD and familiarity with healthcare projects preferred. Bachelor of Architecture (5 year) or foreign equivalent required. Candidate should have strong leadership capabilities, ability to work collaboratively and independently as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Full benefits and competitive salary.
Senior Project Manager—California Healthcare Focus :: Los Angeles
KMD is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Architectural Project Manager (PM) for immediate employment for the Los Angeles office.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day project and client management for small to large scale projects and teams.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Communicate with clients and project teams, manage project schedules and budgets, and maintain quality assurance
- Establish key work priorities for the development of design, budget and schedule
- Business development and marketing support for proposals and presentations
- Continually improve the management and manner in which work is delivered and the process employed to attain it
- Build a proficient management staff
- Responsible for QA\QC firm wide processes
- Responsible for project budget reports , client, consultant invoices and project performance
- Establish, build, nurture, and foster new relationships with an ever broadening client base
- Work closely with regional and global firm leadership to promote an interdisciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Participate in the development of the Health Care, Justice, and corporate /commercial market while working alongside other sectors.
- 15-20 years experience including 3+ years in a supervisory role delivering Healthcare projects
- Experience in executing Hospitals in California from inception to finish
- CA Licensed Architect; Masters of Architecture degree is an advantage; LEED Accredited a plus
- Portfolio of work representing a successful project management role across a wide variety of project sizes, complexities and types
- Well organized, strategic manager with analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform with integrity, trust and commitment
- Client and team leadership skills grounded in effective communication in support of quality design outcomes
- Advanced technical skills related to managing small to large complex projects
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills (including content development)
- Collaborator and mentor
- Demonstrates collaborative and professional work ethic
- Client base with broad list of contacts
- Experience in design build and other alternate delivery methods
- Experience with Revit and Sketch up a plus
- Ability to travel as the project requires
Email your PDF resume (2MB max) to email@example.com. Please include position title and location in subject line.